1. To register a domain costs a lot of money .
No It costs 10 euros a year for a dot com
2. When you have a domain it costs a lot of money to host it.
No it costs 7 euro a month
3. Web design is expensive.
No thousands of web page designs are free. This web page blog is free
4. It takes ages weeks to set it all up like email and things.
No it takes an hour
5. I have to employ someone to set it up. That will be expensive.
I charge 10 euros an hour. It takes two hours.
6. I will need help if I get in a mess.
Yes I charge 8 euros an hour for support
7. If I want to change it I cannot.
Maybe not. Call me I will do it while you wait. If its easy its free.
8. Companies want to charge me 700 to 1200 euros to create a domain and web site.
My mother said to me : “A fool and their money are soon parted” Not that that is relevant Their mothers told them “A mug is born every minute” Mothers are grand.
9. It will take months for the search engines to find my site. Or I have to pay a lot of money for it.
No. I set up this site four days a go. Type Bog Of Allen 2010 in to Google : See the total number of hits for the search see what positon this site is.
10. I need a .ie address because I am Irish .
Like IrishTimes.com and BookOfKells.com and BridgeHouse.com and Tullamore.com and BogOfAllen.com and ItsBiggerOnTheInside.com and LookWhatIFoundInTheAttic.com and IrishSecure.com and Locky.com and pjfbncyl.com and TullamoreChamber.com
Ok You are right .
Please do not email email@example.com and say
“Philip, I want a web site that looks very modern and I want to be trained to use it. I want 5 email addresses, an auto responder, mail forwarding, webmail, stats, sub domains a personal blog and a company blog. Graphics, a video, I have 100 euros! If after 30 days OI dont like it I want 50 euros back and a DVD of everything you’ve done. I have a car! Can we spend the day together? “
Of course! Monday? Tuesday? Day? Night? Tell me when.
Philip Finlay-Bryan B.Sc (Hons) Psych /Computing MA C.Q.S.W.